Fan Belt Woes

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fan Belt Woes
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:34:36 -0500
As I work through my GM Alternator conversion, It appears I finally have the
mounting configuration finalized but now have a fan belt problem. I can get
my existing belt between the cross member and fan belt pulley ok but the
steering rack blocks it on the lower end of the pulley. I've been told that
the best bet is too loosen the motor mounts and try to jack the motor up a
little and hope it increases the clearance. Never having done that I'm a
little leery. Is there any movement in the steering rack if the u bolts are
loosened? Or is that asking for trouble too? I knew the cross bar clearance
was a known problem but the steering rack has caught me by surprise. What's
the easiest/best way to fix this?
Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6