RE: Lucas Parts

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Lucas Parts
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 06:14:33 -0800
> I just bought a cheap starter motor for the TR2, being cheap it needs
> lots. For example there is no rear bush at all! in the back casing.
> Does anyone know of a supplier of parts for this "bomb" type motor.
> Moss has very little listed, just brushes really.

John, I posted information on that very part several years ago, but I don't
have it to hand now.  You might be able to find it in the archives.

I measured the bush dimensions (overall length, shaft diameter, cavity
diameter) and compared them to a catalog at my local independant parts
supply house (Clark's Discount Auto Parts in Bellflower, CA, USA).  They had
a bush listed that had the right inner and outer diameter, but was slightly
too long.  I had to order a box of 5 (which ISTR cost me about $10).  The
extra length just sticks out into the cap and doesn't hurt anything.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: