RE: Polishing the carbs

To: <Harlyred1@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Polishing the carbs
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:17:27 -0700
It is a process that starts out all the pitting out of the metal and
getting to a smooth finish before the actual polishing is done.

If there are pits, you will have to start with sandpaper and get
progressively finer until moving on to polishing rouge and finally
polishing compound in finer stages.  It is very time consuming and will
often does not last unless the surface is then protected with a clear
coat of some sort.  But be careful what you use to coat it.  Many
products will undo all your work.

Also, a Dremel tool is not the best product to use for this task.  I'd
get a cotton buffing wheel for a bench grinder.  That gives you a much
bigger polishing area and fewer swirls.

Joe