TR8 in Tuvalu?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR8 in Tuvalu?
From: don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:35:47 -0800
Hello TR list,

After having put my 1980 TR8 up for sale, I received several ad responses,
most from exotic places like Nigeria.  The emails I got were proposing the
old familiar cashiers check scam, but one fellow introduced a new element
into the equation - he claims to be a Christian missionary.

In most of these scams, the buyer offers to buy the car with a cashiers
check, but doesn't ask any appropriate questions about the car's
condtion.  This is strange in itself considering how difficult it is to buy
a car at a distance.

I decided to have a little fun with this guy, and the emails we exchanged
follow: