Clear Bra design

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Clear Bra design
From: "StevesTR" <StevesTR@veroquest.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:39:07 -0800
Hi-
  While looking at anti-stone-hit solutions for my TR6, I ended up
corresponding with a one company makes car protection kits based on a 3m
film.

  They do not make a kit for the TR6 and I inquired about getting some
raw stock from them. As the conversation progressed, they offered to
design a product for the TR6 provided I did the measurements for a
template. I agreed and they shipped me a kit to make the template from
and instructions on how to construct one which I believe I understand
how to do now. Basically I am supposed to make this template and then
ship it back to them where they will make a kit that fits the car.

This is sort of a larger issue now since this is not simply a matter of
making a kit for my specific car; this kit, if done right may become be
available for any TR6 owner to purchase so I am feeling some level of
responsibility to try and do this correctly. So I guess I am looking for
comments or suggestions as to what it will look like. I have never
actually seen this 3m product on a car so I do not know how invisible it
is or how it's terminating edges blend with the paint.

  From this perspective, the TR6 has a large area of exposed painted
surface. There is the leading edge of the bonnet, the area around the
headlights, the flared fender area behind the headlights and the entire
area below the bumper.

  For instance; the bonnet is concerning me. There is no front 'bezel'
as most modern cars have - it is one continuous piece of metal  so
anything is going to show. Also the leading edge has a very small
radius. If this 3m material is applied, I am assuming that it will have
to be folded over the leading edge and will have to continue back along
the bonnet about an inch or so? I don't even know what this will look
like. I suppose I should ask them how small this material can be. Will
it simply cling to the leading edge itself?

  Anyway those are just some of the questions I have. If any of you have
worked with this stuff before or have opinions on what the protection
ought to look like, please let me know. I kind of want to get this done
in the next couple of weeks while I have their attention.

Thanks,
Steve
'74 TR6