TR cam/lifter failure

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR cam/lifter failure
From: "Arnold S. Gilmour" <gilmo004@mc.duke.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 08:14:45 -0500 notesgv.notes.duke.edu/DUMC_Services/mc/Duke(Release 6.0.4|June 01, 2004) at 11/06/2004 08:14:11 AM
Hey all,  seeking advice on why my cam lost a lobe.  About 10000 miles ago
rebult the engine on my 65-66TR4A.  The camshaft was reground to the
factory specs and "parkerized."  I installed new lifters , used EP assembly
lube and Isky valve springs.  My mechanic friend that helped with the
rebuild had seen some web chat about lifters being improperly hardened.
Can anyone direct me to further information on this topic that I may avoid
the same problem. As always thanks to all,  I remain in digest mode so the
favor of a direct reply is appreciated.  Arnold