Re: TR6 Clutch Adjustment

To: <markrholder@verizon.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch Adjustment
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:26:04 -0700
Mark,

There really aren't any adjustments to speak of.  One common problem is that
the linkages wear and collectively introduce play which results in a lower
pedal.  Starting at the clutch pedal, the connecting rod to the clutch master
cylinder should have a round hole where the pin goes through it, not oval.  Do
the same at the slave cylinder side.  Also, make sure your slave cylinder rod
is in the middle hole on the cross-shaft lever.  If there is no appreciable
wear there, look for leaks in the master and slave cylinder, and rebuild as
needed.  Lastly, the taper pin that goes through the throw-out bearing fork
and the cross-shaft may have sheared off, which is a common problem.  You need
to remove the transmission to fix this, so look very closely at the easier
things before going down that road.

John Lumia - 1976 TR6

Mark wrote:>
My TR6 has a new clutch, master and slave cylinder. I have to depress the
clutch pedal nearly to the floor to disengage the clutch.  How do I adjust the
pedal engage point?  Bently does not seem to say and there are no adjustable
links in the system.  This should be the simplest of tasks.  I must be missing
something.