Re: clutch

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: clutch
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:07:39 -0800 (PST)
Wear at the clevis is a serious problem - both the holes in the
clevis and the pin itself wear badly. Even when the parts are
completely new, the range of motion is less than one would like.

I have often toyed with the idea of altering the clevis to
put a bearing surface of some sort in place, to provide a
replaceable wear surface. My best idea to date has been to
use a Thomson Nyliner polymer sleeve - but I've never actually done it.

Instead, I buy adjustable pushrods and matching clevis forks
from Triumphtune. All my Triumphs have these, and allow me
to adjust for maximum deflection when new or worn. These parts
are similar to, if not exactly, the clutch slave pushrod and
clevis on the TR4A - I can't recall, but the bits are pretty
much all interchangeable on the Girling cylinders, master
and slave.

If you can't find the part numbers yourself at the Moss Europe
website, I could probably be convinced to dig them out.