Continuing Stromberg Problems- Amended

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Continuing Stromberg Problems- Amended
From: Dale VanCleef <dalebonn@netnitco.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:29:35 -0600
Today I discovered that the car runs MUCH better after a longer drive.
After about 15 or 20 minutes the car slowly started running well.  By
the time I got to work, the choke knob was almost all the way in and the
car was running fine.

The reason that my mechanic said I needed the air valve assembly was
sort of strange.  He said it had a hole in the bottom which was allowing
the damping oil to leak out. The hole, he said, looked perfectly
round... like it had been punched through.  In any case, the carbs don't
dampen evenly because the front one runs out of oil so quickly.  He gave
me a diagram of the carb and the part.  To me, it looks like the slide
in a motorcycle carb.  I found the part in the Roadster Factory
Catalog.  Under the "number required" column it said "NSS" (not sold
separately?).

The mechanic has been working with Zenith Strombergs for about 30
years.  I live in NW Indiana (Portage) and have found nobody else to try.

--
Dale VanCleef
'73 TR6 - CF985U