electrical problems iAAHobAC012516

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: electrical problems iAAHobAC012516
From: "Andrew Taylor" <velpew@mail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:46:16 -0500
It's been a while since I've been on the list (new job, new e-mail).
I've run into a problem and done my best (which isn't much), and need some help.
Driving back from my son's soccer match, turn the corner, and the car dies. No
lights no nothing.
After a tow home, a jump the next day does nothing. Turn the key and nothing.
The battery voltage is fine. Voltage to starter solenoid equals battery.
Voltage into voltage regulator equals solenoid. But then, there's no voltage to
anything else, as far as I can tell. (Except the horn) Should there be voltage
into the ignition switch or out of it with the key turned?
Pardon my complete cluelessness, but any help about the next step along the way
would be greatly appreciated.
Andy Taylor
'62 TR4
Boston