Re: Shoulder Belts -- TR3A

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Shoulder Belts -- TR3A
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:14:15 -0700
John A. Wise wrote:

> I was wondering if any one had installed a shoulder belt to their TR3
> without adding a roll bar.  I am looking for advice for such an
> installation.

Accepting (as I think most TR3 owners do) that these cars are not
partcularly crash-worthy, I have pondered the wisdom of a shoulder
belt.  In particular I think about that spear-point of a steering column
that might come my way in a collison.

You mention inertia-belts but in my experience those can be sensitive
enough to lock you in place as you reach for an item in the glove box...
could keep you upright when you'd rather not be.  For now I prefer just
the lap belt to keep me with the car but perhaps still have a chance to
dive to the right in a collison or roll-over.

Geo Hahn