78 Spitfire for sale in Northern Virginia

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 78 Spitfire for sale in Northern Virginia
From: "John Wood" <jkwood@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:43:18 -0500
1978 Spitfire for sale in Northern Virginia.  We have spent the last year
working on this car for my son, who has now decided he would rather drive a
Mustang!

Thaks to much help from this list and others it has been a fun and rewarding
project.  I've put much effort, time and $$$ into this project, and hate to
sell it, but do not have the space or the time due to my current job.

Here's some background, please e-mail me for photos and additional
information.

1978 Spitfire  commission number FM74623U,     76,005 miles.
Engine is an 1147cc, number FC89103HE  runs well, starts right up, good
compression.  I don't know why the PO swapped it out.
New paint in August 2004:  BRG
New Interior:  VB, tan/biscuit upholstery, new black carpet
New hardwood dash and new hardwood steering wheel.
New top:  Robbins biscuit.
New tires & trim rings.
rebuilt all suspension, new shocks, brakes, half-shaft u-joints, and brake
master cylinder.
Cut out old rusted floor pans and welded in new;  welded repair panels  in
other minor rust spots.
I have all receipts for the parts.The car is now in great shape and only
needs some minor attention to fully complete.
Asking $5500. or best offer.

E-mail me at jkwood@cox.net

John Wood