Fan and pump housing 6.28.0.12; VDF: 6.28.0.73; host: smtp3.tcd.ie)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fan and pump housing 6.28.0.12; VDF: 6.28.0.73; host: smtp3.tcd.ie)
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:35:53 +0000
Two questions for the "combined wisdom", can I fit a TR4 cooling fan
to my TR2, i.e the one with 4 blades and square ends. My original is
a bit bashed with the aluminium fins chipped and a little distorted.
I see a TR4 fan on E-Bay and the price of a new replacement from Moss
is over 100euro. Or if anyone out there has a nice straight one they
would like to sell?. Secondly my housing for the water pump spindle
(the casting that bolts to the block) is very flaky on the inside due
to corrosion. I am also trying to locate a half decent one of these,
the item from the TR250/6 looks similar, is it?, again one on E-Bay
and again if anyone has one lying around???.
Regards
John
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)