Re: FW from another list : Police

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: FW from another list : Police
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:59:06 EST
Cc: stag@digest.net
In a message dated 11/19/2004 3:57:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com relayed a story, the moral of which was:

"Always  check whether a car is left or right hand drive before
breathalysing the  guy in the right hand seat"

Reminds me of a somewhat similar story told me years ago. A friend of mine
and his wife (both, at the time, employees of the local BLMC dealer's parts
department) were out driving one night in their MGB, somewhere on the rural
mountain roads near their house in upstate New York. At one point they were
pulled over by a local sheriff's deputy patrol.

The deputy got out of his car and approached the LH side, and he asked the
woman  occupying that seat for her license and registration, etc. She  obliged.
The deputy, in turn, was good enough to lend the beam from his  flashlight to
illuminate the glovebox in front of her so she could locate the  registration
slip.

Oh, did I neglect to mention that this was a right-hand drive MGB?

As I recall the story, the deputy was apparently far too embarrassed or
proud or whatever to call any attention to the mistake he'd made,  and he
eventually sent the couple on their way sans ticket....

--Andy Mace