Re: From another list : Police

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net, jswauger@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: From another list : Police
From: SOThornton@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:18:34 EST
Cc: stag@digest.net
Andy et al-

That reminds me of a great story from The Summer Party (TSP) 3 years ago.

One of my good friends drove to TSP in a RHD Doretti. Many can now guess who
he is I suppose. After passing through a small town at dusk with a headlight
out and the top down, he was pulled over by the local police. Of course, the
cop walked up to the left side of the car and asked for license and
registration. As the cop returned to his cruiser, they quickly put the top up
so he would
not notice the RHD.

The driver, Tom, who will remain anonymous, was reported to not have a valid
license and the registration was for one of the other numerous cars he owns.
How would the cop know the difference in a Doretti and a TR? Everything checked
out, the license and registration returned to the passenger and they happily
made it to Indiana, PA with a warning to repair the headlight.

You simply cannot make up a story that good.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY

In a message dated 11/19/2004 7:00:33 PM Central Standard Time,