Extra snap ring on TR6 mainshaft?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Extra snap ring on TR6 mainshaft?
From: Brian Ricker <brian@rickernet.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:23:01 -0600
Greetings,
   I am in the process of rebuilding my gearbox and in taking apart the
mainshaft there are 2 snap rings holding the 2nd and 3rd speed gear
clusters together, the box is CD 30223 and is the original for a 70-71
(CC56818L) TR6. The TRF catalog shows the snap ring on the 3rd gear side
(closest to the input shaft), but does not show the snap ring on the 2nd
gear side. It wouldn't be an issue except that the snap ring is broken
on one end (and it appears this happened during assembly 35 years ago,
because the broken end was wedged between the 2nd speed gear and the
mainshaft), and I'd like to replace it.

Thanks in advance,
Brian