TR3A firewall puzzle

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A firewall puzzle
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:34:48 -0500
Hi listers,
I'm curious about a couple of strips of sheet metal on the vertical part of the
firewall.

They are on the outer edge of the center cutout section just below the battery
box.

These pieces measure .32" wide x 4" lg and are spot welded at each end to the
inside of the firewall. The center is raised about .063" and they face
eachother just above and forward of where the throttle linkage passes through
the firewall.

I haven't the foggiest idea of why they're there and can't seem to find any
explanation.

Thanks

Bob Stahlbush