Steering Box

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering Box
From: harold Sawatsky <hsawatsk@sasktel.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:17:01 -0600
I have just come off the 'injured list' after about a year and a half and am
eager to finish up my 56TR3 for next spring. Over the course of time the list
has provided me with a lot of helpful info in preparation for work this winter
so thanks to all who have helped and sent me info and photos.

I am guessing that the steering box needs a major overhaul as it locks when
fully turned right or left. Also loose.

The steering column and box are out of the car. Is it difficult to remove the
box from the shaft?
Also, is the rebuild something I can do or where would you suggest I send the
box for a reliable repair.

Thanks again
Moe