Re: Most Dangerous Tool

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Most Dangerous Tool
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:01:59 -0800
A few months ago I was fixing a flattened oil line on my air cooled german
car (nuf said). I was  heating up the 3/4" brass coupling with a propane
torch before engaging the solder. The valve in the torch gave way and the
little rose bud on the end of the torch grew to a fireball about 18" long.
The valve wouldnt shut off the flame so I unscrewed the torch and it stopped
the propane. When the fire was out I shook the torch and you could hear the
broken parts within. Could the flame have backed up into the propane
canister as I unscrewed it?