Re: Steering Rack

To: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Rack
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:03:11 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Thanks to all for the responses, but I don't think I was clear with my
original post.  The rack bushes are OK, but the rack itself (inside the
tube) can be moved from side to side.  That side to side movement is
causing the clunk.

I see that there is a $14.95 bush (Moss 667-115), but replacing it looks
difficult.   I like the full rack replacement idea - all parts new or
checked.  Who has the best quality for the $?   I'll be going for the
poly rack housing bushings as well.

Thanks.

John