Re: TR3 Wiper Motor Mounting Kit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 Wiper Motor Mounting Kit
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:44:40 EST
Hi Bill,

Don't slice up those rubber grommets. They are a tight fit, but work at it
and you can get them into the holes. If you need to, use a little WD40 or even
dish washing soap to help them slide into position more easily. However, I've
never found this necessary.

The grommets are designed so that the "slot" is fitted to the hole, with half
the grommet above, half below the bracket. I've just removed an original set
that were rather petrified, but still whole and doing the job. We'll have to
wait another 40 years to see if the new ones are as durable!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

AMfoto1@aol.com
http://hometown.aol.com/amfoto1/amfoto1.htm

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 06:18:33 -0800
From "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer at qnet.com>
Subject: TR3 Wiper Motor Mounting Kit

     I am mounting the wiper motor on my 1960 TR3A. I ordered the mounting kit
from TRF. My question is the rubber mounting grommets. It has a groove in it
that looks like it should somehow fit through the hole in the mounting base
with half of the grommet on top and half on the bottom, but it looks
impossible to do. Should I cut the grommet in half and put half on the bottom?
It doesn't look like the whole grommet should go on top. What have other
listers done?

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, California