Re: TR4A headlight switch "flash to pass"

To: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A headlight switch "flash to pass"
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:20:24 -0500
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net> iB1DNGAC020158
Message text written by Roger Elliott
>I have been following this discussion with some interest and confusion.
My wife has a TR250.  The dimmer switch on it, is a floor switch.  Did
move it from the column to the floor for the 250?   I don't think they
would have a flash to pass feature on a stalk with the main witch on the
floor.
<

The dip (dimmer) switch has always been on the floor.  They didn't move it
to the column untl the 73 model TR6.  At some point they added a column
mounted "flash to pass" switch which will only momentarily bring on the
high beams but I do not know when this happened.  All I can tell you is
that my 71 TR6 has the floor mounted dip switch and the column mounted
"flash to pass" switch (incorporated with the headlight switch) and I
suspect this was introduced during the TR4A years.

Dave Massey
71 TR6