Re: Flyoff handbrake

To: fpgowash@cox.net, pdonnel1@san.rr.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Flyoff handbrake
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 17:25:59 EST
In a message dated 12/5/2004 2:55:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fpgowash@cox.net writes:

Well..........I'm ready to admit that I don't know what the term  "flyoff"
means although I think that type of handbrake is what I  have  on my 58 TR3A.
Anyone care to enlighten me on this?

Fran, it's pretty much as it sounds. A "flyoff" handbrake ideally needs  only
a slight pull back on the handle, then let go and it disengages (although  it
needs the additional motion of the thumb on the button to "set" it). The
opposite is often referred to as "fly-on," since it takes no effort beyond the
pull of the handle to ENGAGE it.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)