Horn Not Correct

To: "Tom Wagner" <tomwagner@charter.net>
Subject: Horn Not Correct
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:27:18 -0500
Cc: "TR6" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> iB6DUTAC007219
Message text written by "Tom Wagner"
>This car has a new wiring harness and a new relay
for the horn, but whenever the steering wheel is turned
the horn will go off.  In order to get it to stop I need to
turn the wheel back to straight.  The ground strap to the
front by the steering box is connected and so is the ground strap
on the rubber peice near the firewall on the steering linkage.
<

I would check the horn bush.  This is the spring loaded carbon contact that
is housed in a plastic tube in the steering wheel.  This contacts the horn
push (button) on one end and the slip ring that is mounted just behind the
steering wheel on the other end.  If the plastic tube is broken and parts
have fallen away the carbon contact may cock and contact the steering wheel
hub completing the circuit and sounding the horn.

Dave