Re: Heater Core

To: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Heater Core
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:08:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net iB8DCaAC032131
Message text written by "Terry Smith"
>I took the heater core home, held a garden hose to the inlet pipe
and voila! the thing flushed slowly at first, then completely and is
completely free, clean and fine.<

I had a similar experience.  My TR3 core was not completely blocked but
substancially so.  I alternately flushed one direction, then the other,
turned it upside down (with the connections facing down) and wrapped it
with the heel of my hand and got an amazing amount of rust and crud out of
the thing.  It now works a treat.

It was a bit accordioned but a little gentle pressure squeezed it back down
to fit the clips.

These things are built like tanks.

Dave