Re: TR6 - exhaust ceramic coat?-powder coat intake?-circle B head?-valv

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 - exhaust ceramic coat?-powder coat intake?-circle B head?-valve guide measurement?
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:08:53 -0800
1) When you get exhaust headers ceramic coated do they do the inside as well
as the outside?  Do and/or should they also ceramic coat the surface that
meets with the intake/exhaust gasket?  What if the headers have been used
already?  Can they still ceramic coat the inside?  Can they clean the inside
so it can be ceramic coated?

I recently had a new set of headers ceramic coated.  It appears that the
inside was coated (at least as far in as I can see), as well as the mating
flange surface.  My headers were never used, but had developed a little
surface rust from a few years of storage.  They sandblasted them.  I got the
impression that they sandblast everything they coat.  Probably to insure a
good surface to adhere to.