Re: Question about shipping large items.

To: Creig & Kay Houghtaling <oldtoys@brick.net>
Subject: Re: Question about shipping large items.
From: Bill McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:30:22 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
The trans and overdrive will ship FEDEX (my preference <cheaper>), UPS
or Greyhound, as will the bumper.  They need to be boxed and taped (no
duct tape).
UPS and FEDEX have web sites where you can get shipping rates and even
arrange pickup.  The frame would require truck shipment, and would be
expensive.  You can get wheel boxes from your local wheel store, and
either tape them together in twos or in one four and ship the same way.
I get most of my boxes from behind local stores, and the same for
peanuts and foam.
Regards,
Bill
Slightly Classics
Tucson
PS: Bicycle boxes are great for fenders, etc.