Sleeve Retainer goop

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sleeve Retainer goop
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:42:44 -0500
I have yet to put my '66 TR4 engine back togather.  Months ago I bought some
$30 (for about a full toothpaste like tube) of 'Hi temp, Hi strength SLEEVE
RETAINER' from NAPA.  At that time I wrote the list and, I believe, the
consensus was to return it to the store.  Now, however, I can't find the
receipt and am thinking about giving this 'Permatex goop' to the engine
rebuilder with the instructions to ,"use it where he can".  This might be
smart, don't you think? Where should he use it?

Also, this stuff is only for metal parts, takes 24 hrs. to cure and want break
loose without 500 degree heat and then it requires, "presses or pullers".

 Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
this engine is for my '60 TR3A