Something that's been bothering me...

To: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@nexant.com>
Subject: Something that's been bothering me...
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:00:57 -0500
Cc: "triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> iBHL22AC008693
Message text written by "Michael Marr"
>Sorry for being a pedant, but I have noticed several references recently
Sir STERLING Moss.  His name is actually STIRLING, like the Castle.
Sterling was the name of a very unfortunate car that was imported to the
States in the 80s, based on the Honda Accord, I guess, that was built by
the
BL successor at the time, which I think was called Austin-Rover.  I guess
it
was called a Sterling because of the association with sterling silver and
the British currency, but, although a very nice car, it was not successful
in this country.
<

The term "Sterling" is derived from the city of Stirling but the spelling
has changed over the milenium since.  Or so I've been told.

Sterling is also the name of a welter weight boxer who went on to write for
movies and TV  most famously known for writing:
"You're traveling to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and
sound... but of mind.  A journey into a wonderous land, whose boundries ore
onlw that of the imagination... You are entering the Twilight Zone."

But could he heel-toe?

Dave