TR4A & TR-6 Emergency Brakes

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4A & TR-6 Emergency Brakes
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:29:45 -0500
A few weeks ago I asked the list about their experience with the TR6 Emergency
Brake system. Specifically I was curious as to why TR6 owners didn't seem to
have the problem that TR4A owners have with virtually the same system.
What I found out was that TR6's for the most part have the same problem as
TR4As do with some exceptions of owners saying they had well functioning
systems.

I've done some more research and come to find via the TRF Parts catalogues,
pages 256 and 257 in the blue book, that the very latest TR6's (above
CF50,000) have an extra piece on the rear brake cylinder emergency brake lever
to give the system more leverage. It's exactly what Roger Williams says to do
in his book to improve the TR4A's system.

So my question to anyone who owns a car above CF50,000 is does your car in
fact have those extra levers? TRF does not carry them and says that they never
had them available.

I'm on my way to my favorite TR bone yard this morning to see if he has any.
If not then I'll buy some used levers from him and make my own along the lines
of Roger Williams suggestions.

Thanks
JVV