Sir Stirling Moss (terms of address - limited LBC)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sir Stirling Moss (terms of address - limited LBC)
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:59:48 -0000
A brief return to this subject, especially in view of the wider invite
extended to enthusiasts to attend the function in Wisconsin. I noted in one
of the digests that Randall referred to the great man as *Sir Moss.* Its far
safer and more socially acceptable to address him as Sir Stirling or when
speaking of him, to say Sir Stirling Moss.
In the event he finds himself with a lifetime peerage between now and the
end of next month (unlikely but not impossible) thus becoming Lord Moss, he
would be addressed and referred to as Lord Moss or just plain Sir. Do not
attempt His or Your Lordship - that's reserved for a Judge in Court. Terms
such as His Grace or Your Grace are reserved only for those in the
stratospheres of pecking order and I greatly doubt even Sir Stirling has yet
reached those giddy heights.
Sir is probably easier all round, a lot easier to remember and almost
goof-proof.
And now I must get back to investigating the curious quill shaft clonk in my
differential

Jonmac

---