GT6 Gearbox

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, "spit6 \(spit6\)" <SPIT6CGT6@egroups.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> iBV3qMAC010401
Subject: GT6 Gearbox
From: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:53:02 -0500
In the early part of the summer I was driving home and I found that I
could not shift in 2nd & 3rd.  This gearbox is a MKIII GT6 with OD and 2
years earlier I had the same issue.  It turned out to be a broken
circlip holding the 2nd and 3rd gear cluster together on the mainshaft.

The question is, I am about to pull the box out of the car, is this
common with these gearboxes?  I only have maybe 1500 miles on this last
circlip, has anyone done modifications to beef up this area?

Thanks
David Templeton
'59 Triumph TR3a
'74 Triumph Spitfire