RE: TR4A Choke Cable

To: "'Jeff Porter'" <jeffyporter@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4A Choke Cable
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:00:58 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net] On Behalf Of Jeff Porter
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 5:26 PM
To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4A Choke Cable

While most people have the problem of the choke cable being to hard to
pull
out, I have it the other way.  It pulls out easily, but wont stay
there.
It pulls itself back to the un-choked position.
Im at the point of buying a new cable assembly.  There are two
available,
one is the original that you supply the knob and the other is an
aftermarket
model that has a knob attached.  Has anyone used the aftermarket type?
Or,
better still, is there a way to keep the $#$# cable where I pull it.

I don't know about your car, but some choke cables have to be twisted
clockwise to lock.

Joe