RE: rear shock oil

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: rear shock oil
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 08:16:17 -0800
> I am rtying to figure out what oil to into the rear shocks.
> They are in real good shape no leaking and seem to work fine.
> The manual talks about Armstrong shock oil #624. What does that relate
> to at the local auto supply shop?

I believe the big 3 all sell genuine Armstrong shock oil.

Motorcycle fork oil works well, too.  I believe 20 weight fork oil is about the
same viscosity as the original Armstrong oil.

> Also my plan is to drain all the old oil and fill as required, anything
> else I should do???

If you're already pleased with how they work, why are you changing the oil ?
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Randall Y