RE: Corvette gets 55 mpg !?! (no LBC)

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>,
Subject: RE: Corvette gets 55 mpg !?! (no LBC)
From: "Jim Holmgren" <jholmgren@advertising.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:51:49 -0500
I could see that kind of mileage out of a diesel.  With the lightweight
fiberglass Vette body?  Should be able to get 50+ pretty easily with
conservative driving.  VW Jetta TDIs get mid to upper 40's with their
diesel and I bet they are heavier than the Vette once it's stripped
down.

Heck - I get 60+ in my Insight (aluminum body) with it's screaming 1.0 L
gas engine.  :)

-Jim
'75 Spitfire 1500