RE: GT6-3 / Spitfire 3.89 Diff Swap

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, <msecrest@voanews.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: GT6-3 / Spitfire 3.89 Diff Swap
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:04:02 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of ZoboHerald@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 5:48 PM
To: msecrest@voanews.com; triumphs@autox.team.net

In a message dated 1/12/2005 6:21:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
msecrest@voanews.com writes:

I want  to fit a 3.89 diff to my GT6-3.  Which Spit diffs will fit?
Any
1500 version?  Is it a straight  bolt-in?

==========
I believe that any 1971 or later Spitfire diff will bolt right in. Do
note,
though, that you'll need to drill two more holes atop the Spitfire diff.
case
for the leaf spring hold-down studs. Don't know how big a challenge
that
might be.... ;-)

--Andy  Mace

Assuming of course that his application requires that the diff has 6
bolts.  Many (if not most) GT6-Mk3's have Swing springs!

JOe