Re: Diff Swap: GT6 3.27 for Spit 3.89

To: "List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Diff Swap: GT6 3.27 for Spit 3.89
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:56:47 -0000
Hi Martin,
I believe it was only in certain markets that the diff ratios were changed
when o/d was fitted. Unless you want extra acceleration I would recommend
keeping the taller ratio diff. I have a 2000 saloon which is supposed to
have a 4.1 ratio axle, against all the best (by which I mean from very
knowledgeable sources whose opinion I value) advice I fitted a 3.45 ratio
axle, I lost a bit of acceleration, and didn't gain any top speed but when I
hit 90 I am no longer at the red line, there is just is not enough power to
push the brick any faster! As the engine is basically the same in both these
vehicles I would think you will be good to go!

Graham.