Front Shocks Removal

To: dorpaul@negia.net
Subject: Front Shocks Removal
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:51:46 -0500
Guys,

I looked in the TR2-TR3 Bentley manual and it lists 8 steps to  remove the
shock and they do not use a spring compressor.  I'm quoting from Bentley
page 236 or the section G page 8 item 10.(b).

        Partially compress the front road spring by placing a small lifting
jack
under the spring pan.

Its only if you remove the spring itself that they have an option of using
a spring compressor, although the first technique they list is to use a
small jack to compress the spring.

Doug