RE: an extra spacer for the springs?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: an extra spacer for the springs?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:12:30 -0800
> How many folks would chance placing a 1/2" thick silver ring
> spacer, that is
> the correct diameter, directly under the bottom of the TR3A's
> exisiting front
> coil springs.  I guess this would lift the car 1/2" further off
> the ground,
> AND make for stiffer springs.  The exisiting original springs have been
> checked and are still the correct length.

Seems reasonably safe, but it's going to raise the car more than 1/2" (not
sure what the spring ratio is on a TR3, but it's closer to 2:1 than 1:1) and
I don't believe it will change the spring rate.  Probably louse up the
handling tho ... the TR3 front suspension doesn't have much rebound travel
anyway (at least mine doesn't) and you've just thrown away most of it ...

Randall