Re: 15 inch v 16 inch minilite

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 15 inch v 16 inch minilite
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:50:25 EST
Hi Charlie,

If you go with a low profile tire an a 16", you can probably get pretty close
to the size of a standard height tire on 15". Just measure the height of your
current tire and try to match that. Some tire manufacturers list this
dimension for their tires on their websites. Do a little Googling.

16" wheels/low profile tires will give you a little less flex under hard
cornering, a little more control. As to the looks of low profile tires on a TR,
that's a matter of personal preference.

Personally I don't worry too much about speedometer accuracy. There is plenty
of error built into most right from the factory and it changes a little as
the tires wear, anyway. It is possible to have the speedo matched to just about
any change in tire circumference, if you wish.

One other consideration: Larger circumference tires will reduce acceleration,
smaller will increase it. A minor change will be relatively unnoticable
unless you are recording lap times on a race track, though.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

AMfoto1@aol.com
http://hometown.aol.com/amfoto1/amfoto1.htm

From: "Charlie Arp" <arpc@columbus.rr.com>
Subject: 15 inch v 16 inch minilite

Does anyone have any words of wisdom on 15 inch v 16 inch minilite wheels
other than 16 inch wheels will affect the speedometer? Are there more tire
options with 16 inch wheels? I am looking for a performance type of tire.