TR3 Seat Rails

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 Seat Rails
From: "rgt2" <rgt2@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:16:04 -0800
I'm now test fitting the seats in my TR3B, TCF1037l.  The interior was
pretty much gone when I purchased the car 5 years ago and I had to purchase
new seat rails.  What I am not sure of is the slide release to the left of
the seat or to the right.  This will determine whether the rails that bolt
to the floor boards have the bolts to the inside parts of the rails or the
bolts to the outside of the rails.  In looking at the parts breakdown in the
Moss catalog it appears that the slide release is to the left, but with it
to the left it looks at though the release lever would interfere with the
emergency brake on the passenger side seat.
Can anyone tell me which side the slide release should be on.

Thanks

Rod Trunnell
TR3B  TCF1037l