SMs on a TR4A

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SMs on a TR4A
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:38:20 -0500
Hello,
I am rebuilding my SU H6 carbs which came off my 60 TR3A which originally was
under 2 liter displacement.  However, the rebuilt 4A engine I will be using
has almost 2.2 L displacement (everything on it is stock) and originally used
HS6 SUs.  Surprisingly, when I studied the SU needle charts the SM needle was
closer in dimensions to HS6 needles than the RH needle.   Therefore, I only
have on hand the TR3A carbs (H6 with either SM or RH needles) to use with my
TR4A engine (orig. used HS6).  Is it OK to be using SM needles for the 2.2 L
displacement?  This car will only be a daily driver.

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
TR3A car with a TR4A engine

(Please mail me directly as the daily digest takes all day to get here. <s>)