Re: Carpet Fading

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Carpet Fading
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:48:04 -0700
Terry Smith wrote:

>...Does anyone remember the fade factor for carpets?

FWIW - I have the 'original' grey loop TR4 carpet offered by TRF and it
has faded in the more exposed areas to a strange orange shade.  They
have sent me a replacement for the tunnel piece so I am going to try
some spray-on dye on the faded section I removed to see if that helps.
Meanwhile, I would avoid grey loop carpet.

OTOH, the black loop (rayon?) in the TR3A came from TRF 20 years ago and
still looks fine.  Don't think you can go far wrong with balck.

Geo Hahn