Re: TR4 fuel pump install: wrong way?

To: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 fuel pump install: wrong way?
From: Kurtis <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:04:04 -0600
> Is there a wrong way to install a mechanical fuel pump on a TR4? Removal
> was removing two nuts and the fuel pipes, pulling it off, and scraping
> the gasket. Is installation the reverse of removal? Seems too easy.

Sometimes it really is that easy! :)  I've had mine off a couple of
times, and I can't imagine that the thing could be re-installed
incorrectly (and believe me, if I can't figure out how to re-install
something incorrectly, it probably can't be done!).

The biggest pain is access to the nuts - the short travel when turning
the wrench.

--
Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas