Re: Question?

To: "TR List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Question?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:09:18 -0500
On 7 Feb 2005 at 10:23, Jim Bauder wrote:

> Do any of you have an opinion as to what I might expect to get if I
> was to offer for sale a non-O/D TR6 transmission?

What you might expect to get?  Hmmph.  I once offered a GT6 tranny
(IIRC) to a fellow list member and figured it like this.  The core
deposit on a re-built one from one of the well-known suppliers was
such-and-such, so that's what I proposed.  I figured if he decided
not to use it and go with a re-built one instead, he wouldn't have
been out anything.  I mean, if it is worth that much to a re-builder
then its intrinsic worth should be in the neighborhood.

I didn't expect what I got.  I got what seemed to be an insulting
reply, as if he thought *I* had insulted *him*.  Yeeesh.  I had no
idea what used trannies are worth.  So I emailed him an explanation
and sort-of apology, but his reply to that seemed like another
insult.  End of discussion.

I hope your experience is less irritating.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com