shocks

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: shocks
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 06:25:20 -0500
Today, it was the shocks.
While removing them, I accidentilly punctured one of them.  I guess this means
replacing both.  I don't plan to do any hard driving, nor am I concerned with
looks of the shocks. I am barely concerned with higth.  I just want good
replacements.

Surprisingly, in my workshop were two new pair of shocks.  The blue Armstrong
set are about an inch taller (when compressed), the red Gabriel red ryder's
set is about 2" taller (when compressed).  The blue set is stiffer while the
red pair are about the same as the resistance of the old stock set.

The big problem is that the stock piston's have round grommet fixtures (?) at
their bottom end which attaches to the spring plate whereas both new pair
simply have the 3/8" rod coming out both ends of the shock.

Can I please use the red or either blue new set?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A