body to frame bolt -- 60 TR3A

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: body to frame bolt -- 60 TR3A
From: "John A. Wise" <wise@erau.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 07:40:55 -0700
More in the continuing saga...

While cleaning up the floor to get it painted last night, I noticed
that the bolt located under the driver's seat (closest to the drive
train tunnel) that attaches the body to the frame was lose.  When I
looked under the car to see what was happening, I noticed that 1) the
nut is definitely lose and 2) that this bolt goes through both sides
of the "C" channel frame member, while the one under the passenger's
seat only goes through the top side of its "C" channel frame member.

Is there a reason the one on the driver's side goes through both
sides????  Or did some DPO only have a 4 inch bolt left at that point
during some past reassembly??  :-)

John
John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
5483 W Potter Dr