Re: GT6 Headliner Removal

To: davis.heglund@honeywell.com ("Heglund, Davis (MN17)")
Subject: Re: GT6 Headliner Removal
From: TBe749@aol.com
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:57:30 -0500
How is the headliner on a GT6 fastened, and how easy is it to remove and
re-install?  I'm close to removing the tub from my '69 and am considering
doing it right and having the whole tub treated before bodywork and paint.
Have never removed headliner, though.  Thanks for any hints.
Dave H

Held in by three metal bows(or was that 4?) which go from side to side and fit
into holes along the top of the tub. Once you have all the glass and rubber
seals removed, you can see the bows and where they fit into the tub. Just pull
one side out at a time. The rest is just glued over the various pieces of body.
For instance, under the rubber seal around the rear hatch, doors and front
window screen. Important to have the front glass out to do properly.

Tom Beaver
73 GT6