Oil & Brake Warning Lights

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil & Brake Warning Lights
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:50:06 -0500
I've got the new wire harness down to just one last problem.

The Oil and Brake lights stay on after starting car. When I turn the key to
the Run position, only the ignition light comes on and then goes off when
the car starts. At that point the Oil and Brake lights come on and stay on.
I can't really tell if they're dim or bright.

My Oil switch is a 3 terminal (B to Ground, LG/U to anti-run and W/B to
warning light). The LG/U goes to the middle terminal. I've swapped the B and
W/B wires with same "lights on" results. Remove the W/B OR the B wire and
both lights go out. Remove the B/P wire to the Brake Fail Switch and both
lights stay ON. Remember that I don't have the LG/U connected to anything
(it's cut off and wrapped in heat shrink) as the terminals on my anti-run
valve are broken . Do you think this matters?  Wire colors are from the new
harness.

My cooling fan worked fine after I swapped two leads at the switch. It now
has 3 positions: On, Off and Auto-Run.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6