Su adapters - answers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Triumphs List), tr3driver@comcast.net
Subject: Su adapters - answers
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:53:22 +0000
Well, the SU # WZX-2003 is just the part that is needed to convert from a
biased needle to a fixed needle.

I ordered 4 from Joe Curto.  He has them in stock.  I once discussed this issue
with him several months ago and he did not seem to have anything like this
before.

Well, now he does.  They are about $9 each.  Not a bad price.  If I had them
machined, it would cost about $2 each or more and I would have to get a big
bunch of them.

The main jet bearing needs to be switched to an "old" style.  They are more
mobile in the carb body allowing precise centering.  The larger biased-type jet
bearings can be turned to a smaller diameter by 20 thou and work just fine.
New ones will work too.

So, I am now progressing in my conversion to fixed jets!  Yay!

-Tony